This policy (together with our Terms and Conditions of Sale of Goods) sets out the basis that any personal data we collect, or that you provide to us, will be processed and managed by us.
John Artis Limited may change this policy by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
How do we operate
We maintain data under the following lawful bases of operation to give our customers clear options and clarity of their rights, and to ensure we maintain and process our customers’ personal data in the appropriate manner.
1) For all customers who trade with us and/or enquire of us or our products or our services, we record and maintain data that may include personal data under the basis of ‘Contractual’ in order to operate and maintain our customer relationship in a normal and legitimate business operation.
2) For our indirect Customer relationships, we maintain personal data on the basis of legitimate interest for communicating with and servicing their associated needs, but also in a manner that is consistent for normal and legitimate business operation. We have considered individuals rights, and we process data in a non-intrusive manner to any individual.
3) We operate a third basis of consent to clearly identify personal data to be used for direct marketing. This allows a clear choice for all our customers, both direct and indirect, and ensures our ability to apply this compliance for this data process.
4) Where we act as a Data Processor for the purpose of supporting our direct customers (see point 1) who may provide John Artis Ltd. with any personal data for the purpose of supporting and providing goods and services, we process this data under a Contractual basis and apply the same level of data protection and control as covered by our GDPR policy
5) For our employees, John Artis Ltd will, as part of its contractual obligation, store and process personal data pertaining to its employees. Personal data may extend to that of Sensitive Personal Data where required, to fulfil the companies legal obligations, and any such similar data supplied by an employee during an HR process.
What do we collect
With respect to all of our data processes, personal data is limited to contact details and maintaining correspondence, and in keeping with that of a normal and legitimate business operation.
How do we process your data
We are the data controller for personal data that we may collect at John Artis Limited. We do not share data with any other data controller or party. Personal data that we hold is used to maintain standard business relationships and to apply standard business processes to provide goods and services to our Contractual customers and the requests and information required to service our indirect customers.
For our direct marketing purposes, we utilise a specialised Data Processor to ensure proper management and compliance for consent based processing of personal data, where by you can maintain your rights and preferences. We do not share this data with any other party or data controller.
Any personal data we maintain is not subject to profiling or automated decision making.
Your rights to be informed, that of access, and rectification, and to be forgotten are maintained. Any request or enquiry in relationship to your personal data can be made of us at:
John Artis Limited. T/A Artis®
Telephone: +44 (0)020 8391 5544
Artis - websites and usage
Links - Our Site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of third parties. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Social Media - If you share our content through social media, for example by liking us on Facebook, following or tweeting about us on Twitter, or giving us a ´+1´ via Google Plus, those social networks will record that you have done so and may set a cookie for this purpose. In some cases, where a page on our website includes content from a social network, such as a Twitter feed, or Facebook comments box, those services may set a cookie even where you do not click a button. As is the case for all cookies, we cannot access those set by social networks, just as those social networks cannot access cookies we set ourselves.
Log Files - Our systems automatically gather some anonymous information about visitors, including IP addresses, browser type, language, and the times and dates of webpage visits. The data collected does not include personally identifiable information and is used, as described above, for statistical analysis, to understand user behaviour, and to administer the site.
Last Update: March 2018
John Artis Ltd Ethical Trading Policy
PDF version of the John Artis Ltd Ethical Trading Policy
John Artis Ltd recognises that our ethical performance and reputation is an essential part of our commercial success and a vital social philosophy.
John Artis Ltd shall comply with all UK and European Union regulations and laws in respect of staff employment and staff working conditions. This policy shall also apply to temporary contracted labour. Employment shall be freely chosen. There shall be no forced, bonded or involuntary labour. Workers are not required to leave deposits or their identity papers with their employer and are free to leave their employer after reasonable notice.
2. Working conditions
A safe and hygienic working environment shall be provided. Adequate steps shall be taken to prevent accidents and injury arising out of, associated with, or occurring in the course of work. Access to clean toilet facilities, drinking water and sanitary facilities for food storage shall be provided.
3. Child labour
There shall be no recruitment of child labour. Companies shall develop or participate in programmes which provide for the transition of any child found to be performing child labour, to enable that child to attend and remain in quality education until no longer a child. Children and young persons under 18 shall not be employed at night or in hazardous conditions or as a minimum meet Local National Legal Standards.
4. Living wages
Wages and benefits paid for a standard working week must meet national minimum legal standards or industry benchmark standards, whichever is higher. Workers shall be made aware of their employment conditions.
5. Working hours
Working hours shall comply with national laws and industry benchmark standards, whichever affords the greater protection. They shall not be excessive. Workers shall be provided with at least one day off for every 7 day period. Overtime shall always be compensated at a premium rate or with time off in lieu of the extra hours worked. Working hours should meet local, national, legal or industry benchmark standards as a minimum.
There shall be no discrimination in hiring, compensation, access to training, promotion, termination or retirement based on race (including colour, nationality or ethnic origin), religion, belief, age, disability, gender, gender re-assignment, marital status, sexual orientation, or political affiliation.
7. Harsh or inhumane treatment
There shall be no physical abuse or discipline, threat of physical abuse, sexual or other harassment verbal abuse or other forms of intimidation.
Bribery is unacceptable. John Artis Ltd and its staff shall comply with the Bribery Act 2010, and as later amended.
9. Trading sanctions
John Artis Ltd shall recognise and observe all trading sanctions applied by the UK Government and that of the European Union.
John Artis Ltd will ensure that this policy is communicated and available to all relevant stakeholders, such as staff, customers and suppliers and sub-contractors, as appropriate.
John Artis Limited will, as far as is reasonably practicable, ensure that we, and our suppliers and our sub-contractors, comply with the stated policy requirements.
John Artis Ltd recognises that our customers should be able to trust our credentials in respect of this policy in order to enable them to make an informed choice as to whether they trade with John Artis Ltd.
The principles adopted by John Artis Limited in this policy document are based on the International accepted standards set out in the Ethical Trading Initiative (ETI) Base Code of Labour Standards.
This policy shall be reviewed annually as part of the management review process.
Last Update: November 2016
John Artis Limited Environmental Policy
PDF version of the John Artis Ltd Environmental Policy
John Artis Limited t/a Artis specialises in quality tabletop products for the foodservice industry. We understand that businesses are responsible for achieving good environmental practice and operating in a sustainable manner. We are therefore committed to reducing our environmental impact and continually improving our environmental performance as an integral and fundamental part of our business strategy and operating methods. Artis will endeavour to achieve this through regular performance monitoring and measuring, legal compliance, implementation and sharing best environmental practice.
We aim to comply with all relevant regulatory requirements, improve environmental performance continually, incorporate environmental factors into business decisions, reduce the environmental impact of activities, products and services and increase staff awareness and promote good environmental performance.
To deliver this policy, we have the following objectives:
- continually review, monitor and measure our environmental performance across company procedures, operations and policies and implement best environmental practice across the company
- comply with existing and current environmental legislations and regulations and to ensure that our partners and suppliers are legally compliant
- conserve energy and other natural resources by regular monitoring and setting saving targets every year
- improve efficiency of materials use by reduce-reuse-recycle policy
- target zero packaging waste by maximising reuse and recycle
- provide all staff with relevant environmental and job-specific training
- work with suppliers, contractors and subcontractors to improve their environmental performance
- To meet our commitments we will:
- Review our environmental policy on a regular basis
- Develop an environmental management system which will annually review our environmental policies and procedures
- Set targets, monitor and communicate key objectives which will improve our environmental performance
- Monitor water, gas and electric bills with a view to reducing them by using the environmental toolkit we have adopted
- Endeavor to reduce energy consumption in the office and warehouse each year.
- Will increase the use of recycled paper on the premises each year
- We will maintain our good current recycling practice
Date Written: 04 July 2011, reviewed 1st October 2014